Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Appreciation and gratitude

Hi everyone, this is Katherine. I'll be doing the majority, if not all, of the blogging (John prefers to be a behind-the-scenes guy...plus he doesn't wear polish! hehe). Before I jump into polish talk, I thought I'd do a little introduction and give some much-deserved love to people who have helped me get to this point.

So a bit about me. I guess you'd call me the "creative director" for Maya Cosmetics, but in my mind I'm just a girl who loves to experiment and wear great polish. I'm a former soldier but have been a civilian desk jockey for a little over eight years. The opportunity to be creative in my 9-5 is zero, so when I discovered "frankening" polishes I was instantly hooked! I chose to turn this passion into a side job because I love to do it and wanted to share my creations. If it's successful, I'd love to make it a full-time gig...time will tell! I'm also looking forward to connecting with like-minded people (polish fanatics!) I'm excited and nervous but ready to get this phase of my life moving.

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't thank some people up front. This might sound like an award acceptance speech...you've been warned.

Olivia--if you hadn't decided to go with pink instead of French last summer, I would never have discovered the nail blogs that introduced me to this dark side. So, thanks? hehe

Carolyn--thank you for being a sounding board for my ideas and offering to help provide me with contacts. You really validated my decision to go with the naming of the company and its direction. 

Michelle R.--words will never be able to describe how much you've helped me along the way! From your feedback to your promotion and your genorousity in reviewing my polishes, you've been amazing! I'll always send polish your way as long as you still want it!

Andy--your "that's legit" has been invaluable. We'll toast to the launch soon, my friend.

To my coworkers Kimm, Sara, Jen, Lisa, Barry, and Tyson--thanks for listening to me babble about all this polish stuff :)

To my suppliers (you know who you are!)--thank you for your patience. I know I had a lot of questions and you helped me out so much along the way. I look forward to continuing business with you!

Dollish Polish--thanks for exisiting haha! Yours was the first indie polish I purchased and you set the bar very high. One of my inspirations, for sure. 

Last but furthest from least, John--all the inspiration and ideas would mean nothing without your love and support. Every day I'm thankful that you're in my life, and I couldn't have done this without you. I love you more than anything. Thank you for everything you do for us!

/deep breath

Well then, on to the polish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment