Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Aequilibrium Collection

Disclaimer: I am not a Latin scholar. All Latin terms were found through Google searches so for anyone reading that may be a Latin scholar--sorry if I totally screwed it up :)

The name of the collection means "equilibrium." I love what it represents: two extremes and the balance in between. This could mean emotions/tempers, nature/the environment...

Tranquillis (tranquil, tranquility) was originally called "Inner Peace." It was one of my very first shimmer polish creations so it has a special place in my heart. It's a blackened blue-teal with green, gold, and copper shimmer. Difficult to capture the shimmer in photos, ugh, but it's far from subtle. Although it's part of a limited edition collection, this polish will be permanent through the winter.






Ignis (fire) is a bright orange-red jelly with iridescent blue, pink, green, and gold flakes. They are NOT extreme color-shifting flakes; they mostly stay true to their color. Ignis can be opaque on its own in three coats. I COULD NOT for the life of me get a decent pic of this, so I borrowed from Michelle at Things I Love at the Moment.

old labels, same polish!
old label, same polish!
**I DON'T recommend using a toluene-containing topcoat over Ignis. I think it makes the flakes look weird...kind of caved in.

Glacies is a sheer topcoat with a ton of shimmer that flashes blue, violet, and turquiose. You can wear it over any color but like all polishes of this nature you're going to get the most color shift by wearing over a very dark color. I'm wearing it here over Cult Nails Nevermore (which, imho, is the very best black polish out there!).

I'm a terrible photographer and even I can catch the color shift haha


 

So what do you think?

K

p.s Ignis and Glacies are limited edition through December 15th!

No comments:

Post a Comment